Maple Pudding with Spiced Pecans – Video Recipe

I‘m a big fan of making pudding at home. It really is only slightly more work than using the stuff from a box, and you are rewarded with a wider choice in flavors and the ability to use higher quality ingredients. This maple-flavored version is a nice change of pace, and you can make the spiced pecans while the pudding sets up in the fridge. Watch the video and you’ll see, I’ve got a surprise ingredient for spicing the pecans that adds a smokiness which matches beautifully with the woodsy maple flavor. The full recipe is in my book.

Posted by Michael Natkin on Monday, March 26th, 2012 in Cooking Videos, Desserts, Kid Friendly, Recipes.

6 Responses to “Maple Pudding with Spiced Pecans – Video Recipe”

1. Reply
    March 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

Hmmm.. shouldn’t have watched that while hungry. Very interesting twist with the pecans. I really want to check that out…

2. Reply
    March 31, 2012 at 4:00 am #

Another recipe I have wanted! It might be interesting to make a brittle with the pecans and then grind it up and sift over the top.

Will the book have a Kindle edition?

March 31, 2012 at 7:21 am #

Sure, I think a tuile or brittle from the pecans would be great! And yes, a kindle and an extended eBook version with videos will both be available.

3. Reply
    January 24, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

Just clicked your latest link on Twitter. I got overly-excited because I thought you were doing a popup and didn’t check the date of the original posting. I even quickly made reservations before I noticed. Now I’m sad but the pudding may make up for it.

January 24, 2015 at 7:45 pm #

Whoops sorry about that! I’ll take that part out of the post.

January 24, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

I thought it was funny. I always seem to just miss going to events because I’m too slow so I wasn’t going to miss out on this! I really would have loved to have been there. Your book is one of my favorites.