Stop Scraping Your Stand Mixer Bowl – BeaterBlade Rocks The House

Beater_Blade
I love baking, and I love our KitchenAid Mixer. I *hate* stopping the mixer every 30 seconds to scrape down the sides of the bowl. And it also annoys me that the attachments can’t go in the dishwasher. Apparently I’m not the only one!

This new BeaterBlade is fantastic. It looks just like the normal paddle attachment, but is made out of heavy duty plastic. The brilliant part is that the edges are lined with a slightly softer plastic that acts like a squeegee on the bowl. So it continuously scrapes the edge and pushes the batter back down. No more stopping. It even scrapes the little dimple at the bottom of the bowl!

I used it to cream butter and sugar for a banana bread, and literally just turned it on and walked away. Two minutes later, light, fluffy, perfectly creamed butter, in a solid mass at the bottom of the bowl, nothing climbing up the sides.

To top it off, the BeaterBlade goes on the top rack of the dishwasher, so it is one less thing to wash by hand. I couldn’t be happier with it. Just be sure and buy the right one for your machine:

Beater_Blade_Detail

Posted by Michael Natkin on Monday, February 16th, 2009 in Baking, My Kitchen, Small Appliances.

22 Responses to “Stop Scraping Your Stand Mixer Bowl – BeaterBlade Rocks The House”

1. February 16, 2009 at 7:34 am #

yes! I saw this product and had been waiting for a review of it to come out. Can’t wait toget one.

2. February 16, 2009 at 8:03 am #

Uhhh…the attachments can’t go in the dishwasher?? **rummages through dishwasher and sheepishly pulls out variety of attachments**

Huh. Hasn’t done any damage to mine so far!

• Makenzie
      May 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

I double checked online and all I’ve found is people saying the silver ones turn gray but still work. I always wash mine and have had no problems.

• May 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

Yes, that’s a good point – it is just a discoloration. As far as I know, it isn’t making it toxic or anything, though I haven’t looked into it.

February 16, 2009 at 9:08 am #

Yeah, if you have the kind that is enameled it can go in the dishwasher, but
    the ones that are bare, non-stainless metal, can’t – they will discolor and
    leave marks on other stuff.

4. February 16, 2009 at 9:17 am #

Oh yes, I think this is one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century! I love mine!

5. February 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm #

I’ve had mine about a month now and I absolutely love it. I really had to adjust my Kitchenaid to make it work properly so thought it was a bust at first. Works great now!

February 16, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

That’s right, as Melissa says there is a screw on the KitchenAid that may
    need to be adjusted slightly to make sure the beater makes good contact with
    the bowl. Looks very simple to do, but I didn’t have to in my case.

7. February 16, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

That is super cool! I am always stopping to scrap the bowl down.

8. April in CT
    February 16, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

I am pretty sure I can’t live without this now that I have one. I got it a few months ago and *LOVE* it. It sorta squeaks when I use it because of the tight fit of the rubber up against the bowl (even after adjusting), but it works like a charm!

9. February 17, 2009 at 3:49 am #

I wonder if it is available online. Baking without scraping is like a dream come true for me!

10. February 17, 2009 at 4:59 am #

I just ordered one of these last night! My KA is in constant use, so I am so anxious to use it!

February 17, 2009 at 7:27 am #

The links in the article above will take you to the page on Amazon where you
    can buy it online. Enjoy!

12. February 17, 2009 at 9:04 am #

This is amazing! Thanks so much for the tip, can’t wait to get it and try it out!

13. February 17, 2009 at 9:14 am #

Oh, I hate that stuff stuck in the dimple of my K.A. I will look for this, for sure. And I do put my attachments in the dishwasher. Oops. I have two enameled and just one wire whisk, so I’ll leave the wire whisk out next time.

14. Marti
    February 17, 2009 at 10:01 am #

Yikes! Something I’m going to HAVE TO HAVE… as soon as I get that little unemployment situation straightened out. But thank you! I honestly couldn’t imagine buying another gadget… was very sad about that.

Now I feel much happier. :)

15. February 17, 2009 at 1:00 pm #

You just scared me with that “attachments can’t go in the dishwasher” part, but then I read your clarification about the enameled ones (which I have). This attachment looks great; I’ll definitely try it out.

16. February 18, 2009 at 8:57 pm #

Oooh, I’m definitely tempted to get one of these! Why didn’t they come up with this idea sooner?

17. Andrea
    February 19, 2009 at 8:58 am #

Just to let you know you may not be able to get these much longer if at all any more. Kitchen Aid will not value the warranty if a blade like this is used so a lot of stores are not carrying them anymore. It is too bad because I have one and love it!!! Although it does seem to make the motor have to work extra hard on thick doughs. The other theory is that kitchen aid wants to make thier own.

February 19, 2009 at 9:09 am #

Better grab one while you can then. I can see the idea that you
    shouldn’t use it with an extremely thick dough, but for normal uses it
    is the greatest thing. I bet you are right that KitchenAid is going to
    try and snag the market from these little guys, it is just too good of
    an invention.

19. February 20, 2009 at 12:13 am #

We dont have this here in Malaysia. Really wish someone will bring it in over here.

20. March 3, 2009 at 10:01 am #

Oh, I wanted to remember to thank you for reminding me to buy one of these (and giving me to the opportunity to get it through someone I know’s referral link, I hope)! All I’ve made is one batch of cookies so far, but it made creaming the butter and adding the flour so, so easy.